Holy smokes Batman, you are six years old!
I cannot believe how a six year old could carry on with so much grown-up conversation like you've been doing forever. You are very smart and very, very passionate about all things military (especially guns!). You mentioned many many times that you are hoping to be the army "boss" when you grow up. You don't believe in magic, you believe magic shows are tricks. I cannot fathom how such a young boy could absorb so much information and still remember small little things I promised months ago, like playing paint ball.
Each morning this year when your daddy wasn't traveling, you would get up very early and wake up daddy to play Wii before he sent you off to school. You guys have really bonded that way ~ you two are screaming together, telling each other what to do, planning strategy to take the bad guys down. It's become a morning ritual for both of you. You have lost 5 teeth so far and have gained 4 and a quarter new teeth. (My favorite are the two giant beaver teeth that are coming in so quickly!) You are smart and bilingual and often translate bahasa cartoons for your Dad (still haven't figured out that he already understands, though. Hmmmm). You play basket ball very well for your age and are really good at soccer! Watch out Beckham ^_^ I'm amazed to see those little legs go!
You are pretty strict in telling between right and wrong, the truth and lies. There is no grey line with you -- especially when it's related to your sister. You are very caring toward your little sister. You are really good at swimming, you are quite popular in your class, everybody loves you, especially the girls! One of your classmates even says she wants to marry you!
Whether it is a science project, a bahasa language project, a book fair, or any other school projects; your friends fight to be in your group. You also had a hard time when I told you that we are leaving Medan for good. You mentioned your best friends' names in your prayers hoping that you will see them again when you grow up.
My hope for you, Chunko, that you will always be comfortable being who you are wherever you are. You are such a special kid. I will always be your biggest fan and, as I have said a gazillion times, I am blessed to have you in my life and I love you more than I thought possible.
Happy 6th Birthday
Love, Mom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 comments:
Wow! Happy birthday, Alec. You can tell your mom loves you more than anything in the whole world. Good luck with the moving. You will find lots of awesome friends, it will be easy for a kid like you. Bon voyage!
Thank you, Sara, that's very sweet.
Post a Comment