Sunday, May 17, 2009

Quip du jours

Alec: "Mom, I don't want to go to Taiwan"
Me: "Why not?"
Alec: "I don't want to speak Chinese"
Me: "You don't have to if you don't want to. Just like in Medan, nobody forces you to speak bahasa. But you speak bahasa with your friends anyway, because we want to. The same in Taiwan"
Alec: "Ok. But I don't want to wear any Chinese outfit"
Me: "You can wear anything you want"
Alec: "I can wear army?"
Me: "Yes"
Alec: "Only at wedding, I have to wear special clothes?"
Me: "Um-hm.."
Alec: "When I get married, I'm not going to force anyone to wear anything they don't want. They can wear anything they like"

4 comments:

Sara said...

When are you moving ? It must be a heartbroken to see him leaving all his best buddies in Medan. Good luck for the new fun journey!

Cheech said...

Thanks, Sara :)
It is a heartbroken to say goodbyes ~ I overheard him prayed awhile back:

"... and please bless my friends and I wish to see Vincent, Amadeus and Evan when I grow up. I pray all these in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

made me shed a tear. hiks! :(

Sara said...

Hugs!!!!!

Have you guys all packed yet ?

Don't forget to update the kids blogs when you moved.

Best of luck, Cheech!

Cici Stein said...

Thanks, Sara :) I'll try