Thursday, April 02, 2009

Medical Clearance for Taiwan

Alec and I went to Medical Unit at the Embassy today as part of getting medical clearance for our next post to Taiwan. The medical technician drew some Alec's blood and he cried. Not for long, but it was a big deal for him to sit alone without my assistance and get the shot. He also took some a "six-year-old questionnaire" (it is supposed to for progress report or something) and Alec aced them. I thought he was being super good and I promised him that he can buy one toy at the mall. On the way to the mall, the phone rang and the med. unit wanted something that I can give them on my next visit. When I hang up the phone, Alec asked the question...

Alec: "Was that from the doctor's office?"
Me: "Yes. They want me to come back but I thought you want to go home today, so I told them I can't. You should be nice to me because I did whatever you want today"
Alec: "Yes, I will... -- and you should be nice to me also because I got hurt"

--------------------------

Alec kept staring at his finger where he got the shot.
Me: "It doesn't hurt anymore, does it?"
Alec: "No. But when we were at the doctor's office, I thought I was going die with the blood all over me"
Ah, the drama...

No comments: