Sunday, May 25, 2008

Quips I finally remembered

1. I was checking my emails at the lounge and Alec suddenly notice a man next to us was smoking. Alec whispering: "Mom, that man is smoking" I don't have any choice but looked at the guy and replied quietly: "Ah, I see that".
Alec: "Doesn't he know that he is smoking poison?"
Me: "Um...some people don't think that way, sweetie. And I think you should say it quietly, you don't want to upset anyone"
Alec just stared at the guy (who obviously doesn't budge and kept typing with a cigarette dangling on his mouth)...
Me: "Alec, it's not polite to stare. Shall we have some milkshakes?"
Alec: "He is going to get really-really sick, and die. He is going to get in trouble. There are no doctors here, aren't there?

2. Alec: "Mom! Where are you going?"
Me: "I'm going to put away my computer in my room and then, I'm ready to go"
Alec: "You better do that. If not, you are going to break your computer and hurt your back. If you hurt your back, you will need some stitches and stay in the hospital. Then I will miss you so much. YOU don't want to do that, DO YOU, Mom?"

3. Me: "O- hold on. I forgot to bring my camera"
Alec: "Do you need to bring a camera to take pictures of me? So people can see how cool I am?"

4. Me: "Did you have fun today?"
Alec: "O, yeah. There are so many things to do here. I'm confuse where to go now"
Me: "Maybe we should live in Jakarta, eh? We don't have to fly so much. You can go to school here during the week and we still can visit so many places on the weekends"
Alec: "Nah. We can go places because we're on holidays"
(Can you believe how mature he is?)

No comments: