Saturday, September 08, 2007

Palm Oil Plantation

One of the many things I love about Alec is that he is so funny without trying to be funny. Today, for example, when we were getting ready to visit Andrews' palm oil plantation, Alec was hanging out in our bedroom.
Me: "Did you brush your teeth, Alec?"
Alec: "Yes I did. And I flush, too"
He meant floss..

Alec loves the fact that we can't take Sammy today because she is too small. Alec was pouting about wanted to see Josh and Carson in Utah earlier, he had teary eyes.
Alec: "...but I want to see Josh and Carson.."
Me: "We ought to go now. Say g'bye to Sammy so she doesn't feel bad"
Alec's mood was immediately switched and had a big smile on his face and said: "Good bye, Sam. Sorry you can't come. Because you are just a baby and too small. Bye-bye!"

On the plantation, we saw bunch of tractors, loaders and other big machines. Those machines were located next to the compost area and it smell really bad. 5 minutes after Sean and Andrew left the car to take the tour, Alec woke up from his nap.
Me: "Do you want to get out and take a look at the tractors? Maybe they will let us drive one, too"
Alec: "Not really. Maybe next time when it doesn't smell anymore"

When the boys got back in the car, it was time to visit the giant swimming pool.
Andrew: "Alright!!! Now let's go see the swimming pool. You're going to like it"
Alec: "Am I going to love it, Mommy?"
Everyone laughed...
Alec: "Is there any place to hide?"
Me: "And why do you want to hide for?"
Alec: "To change. So nobody will see me naked"

At the changing room, before swimming and after Alec swam, he pushed me away and said: "Mom, I don't need any help. I am an adult, now."
or:
Me: "Do you need any help in there?"
Alec: "Nope"
Me: "So what take you so long?"
Alec: "I will go out when I'm dressed"

Sometimes when I'm not feeling well, Alec is the best medicine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha haaaa well put cheech!
Alec has lots of talents without realizing that he is gifted!
his expressions, terms, speeches, smiles, always have a way to make me smile....
Thank you Dear Alec!

Cheech said...

He scared me sometimes :)