Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When I grow up, I want to be...

I know we just bought two toys for Alec yesterday but we kept them for the right time or for special occasion. We are trying to make Alec doesn’t take things for granted and appreciate gifts that given to him.

I took Alec to do some grocery shopping this afternoon and we accidentally passed toys alley I wanted to avoid. I was a little nervous.
Alec: “I’m going to let you have this…” Alec handed me a box of toy...
Me: “I don’t think I need double Decker bus. But thanks, though”
Alec: “Mom??!!!" couple of teenagers passed us laughed at Alec... "Can I buy this blue container truck?”
Me: “How much money do you have?”
Alec: “Five” we’re counting…
Me: “You have fifty thousand rupiahs (around $6...) And how much is that toy? Can you read the number?”
Alec: “One-four-nine-zero-zero-zero”
Me: “Its one hundred and forty nine thousand rupiahs. You don’t have enough money to buy that toy”
Alec: “How much money do you have?”
Me: “You have to use your own money--or you need to wait and save more money”
Alec: “Mommy, you look for toys I can buy…”
Persistence, eh? We finally settled to buy smaller container truck for $2...

No comments: